ADG5298 High Temperature (up to 210°C), High Voltage, Latch-Up Proof, 8-Channel Multiplexer
The ADG5298 is a latch-up proof, monolithic, complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) analog multiplexer designed for operation up to 210°C. The ADG5298 switches one of eight inputs to a common output, as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines, A0, A1, and A2.
An EN input enables or disables the device. When EN is disabled, all channels switch off. The ultralow capacitance and charge injection of this switch makes it an ideal solution for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch and fast settling are required.
The switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and it has an input signal range that extends to the power supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked. This multiplexer is available in a 16-lead ceramic flat package (FLATPACK) and a 16-lead ceramic flat package with reverse formed gullwing leads (FLATPACK_RF). Both packages are designed for robustness at extreme temperatures and are qualified for up to 1000 hours of operation at the maximum temperature rating.
The ADG5298 is a member of a growing series of high temperature qualified products offered by Analog Devices, Inc.
- Trench Isolation Guards Against Latch-Up and Minimizes Parasitic Leakage.
A dielectric trench separates the P channel and N channel transistors to prevent latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Achieved JESD78D Class II rating.
The ADG5298 was stressed to ±500 mA with a 10 ms pulse at the maximum temperature of the device (210°C).
- 0.2 pC Charge Injection.
- Dual-Supply Operation.
For applications where the analog signal is bipolar, the ADG5298 can operate from dual supplies of up to ±22 V.
- Single-Supply Operation.
For applications where the analog signal is unipolar, the ADG5298 can operate from a single rail power supply of up to 40 V.
- 3 V Logic-Compatible Digital Inputs.
VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL Logic Power Supply Required.
- Downhole drilling and instrumentation
- Heavy industrial
- High temperature environments
Features and Benefits
- Extreme high temperature operation up to 210°C
- Latch-up proof
- JESD78D Class II rating
- Low leakage
- Ultralow capacitance and charge injection
- Source capacitance, off: 2.9 pF at ±15 V dual supply
- Drain capacitance, off: 34 pF at ±15 V dual supply
- Charge injection: 0.2 pC at ±15 V dual supply and +12 V single supply
- Low on resistance: 290 Ω typical for dual supply at 210°C
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum rating
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range